Sunday 1 May 2011

Before and After Party: Closet redo

Hellooooo! Hope you had a great weekend! Ours was so busy…but I am SO excited about a project I’m working on, I used every free minute possible to work on it.

I know I usually show you the steps along the way on projects, but this time I think I’m going to wait till it’s completely done. I know. Hate me. But this one is going so well, I think it’s going to be done this week.

And I can’t believe I just uttered the words “this one is going so well” cause that’s a project killer for sure right there. ;) Never fails.

I am hoping it keeps going so well.

Anyhoo, I’m not done with the project, but I am going to show you just a bit of my progress.

A couple of weeks ago I showed you the closet I’m working on in our loft:

It used to look like this:

organized closet

Pretty nice, eh? ;)

It’s undergoing a redo, and it started with my hatred of those wire shelves.

No more wire shelves, ever!!

Please tell me you know that movie. ;)

Well, first I was going to just replace the shelving…but then the purging started. And reorganizing…and all we had left in that closet were the cleaning supplies at the top.

I found a new spot for those, so the closet was sitting EMPTY. I know. Hate me.

I came up with a new life for this little closet, and I can’t WAIT to show you.

For now, I’m thrilled, cause I actually built something, all on my own. And it’s sturdy. At least sturdy enough for a 45 pound Bub:

It holds my booty too, but I’m not saying how big that one is. ;)

I will show you the process of how I created this little bench soon. For now, I’m just basking in my building abilities:

closet bench

And I didn’t buy ONE thing to make it. It’s ALL scrap wood from the garage. SCORE!!

I’m not completely done with it, and it doesn’t look like much now, but it will. Oh yes…it will. ;)

So that’s my highly underwhelming before and after for this month…but it’s gonna get better. Can’t wait to show you!!

So now, let’s see your projects!!

Remember to link up html to your post, not your blog. (Right click on your blog post title and copy and paste that into the box.)

I would really appreciate you linking back to my blog with this purdy button (use the code below):

before and after party

 

Let me know if this works OK. (Thanks Beth!!)

Let’s link it up folks!! And YEAH for MAY!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment